For the Puffs:
¾ cup all-purpose flour ¼ tsp salt
Pinch of nutmeg 6 TBSP unsalted butter
¼ cup water 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and butter a baking sheet
- Sift together flour, salt and nutmeg. In a medium sauce pan bring butter and ¼ cup water to a boil, remove from heat and add dry ingredients all at once. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute until well blended and mixture starts to pull away from sides of pan, then set the pan over low heat and cook mixture for about 2 min, beating constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl and set aside. Add remaining eggs 1 at a time to flour mixture, beating well. Add the beaten egg gradually until the dough is smooth and shiny. It should fall slowly when dropped from a spoon.
- Using a tablespoon drop dough onto baking sheet in 12 mounds. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until pastry is well risen and browned.
- Split puff in ½, scoop ice cream, arrange on platter and pour sauce over top. Serve immediately.
- If adding pudding make a hole on the side and squeeze pudding in. You may also cut the top off add the pudding and put the top back.